During this course you will study:
- Journalist reporting.
- Digital media skills in video, audio, print, publishing, and web.
- Digital magazine production include genre, codes and conventions, content, layout and platforms.
- Interviewing techniques including journalistic context, questioning, styling and structure.
- Writting copy, exploring text from a range of media sectors, looking at style, content and delivery.
- How to gather information from primary and secondary sources, target audience and planning content.
- Page layout design for digital media exploring common principles of layout design, differences between printed and digital layout outcomes. Working with text, images/ graphics, and colour.
- How to respond to a brief.
ProgressionThe skills you will learn from this course will enable you to: Pursue a career in print journalism, broadcast journalism, as a press officer, in public relations, marketing or publishing. Progress on to employment or a relevant university degree.
The course is 67% coursework, this means that you are set assignments throughout the year. The remaining 33% of the course is a synoptic external assessment where a single task is set, which you have 20 hours of supervised college time to complete.
Students will need a minimum of three grade 4s and three grade 5s at GCSE including a grade 5 in English. Additional Information: We will consider 1 Vocational qualification in place of a GCSE as long as a grade 5 is achieved in English.
Don’t let the cost of studying put you off – most of our students study for FREE, and those who don’t qualify for funding are very often eligible for an Advanced Learner Loan.
Eligibility depends on both the course you have chosen to study and your individual circumstances.
To add a course to your application, click 'Apply', once you have selected all your courses, click 'My Applications' top right, to continue the application process.
Select your choice below:
Visual Arts (Journalism) Sub Diploma Level 3 (Year 1 of 2)
Pendleton Sixth Form College
Please confirm you are applying to start in the